1834468 Ontario Inc. O/A Margaritaville Café
Statement Of Commitment:
Margaritaville Café is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integrations and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Customer Service Standard:
Margaritaville Café has developed policies to comply with Regulation 429/07 of the AODA – Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. Regulation 429/07 sets out guidelines for preventing and removing barriers to accessibility to improve the customer service of agencies. Regulation 429/07 required private organizations to comply with the Customer Service Standard as of January 1, 2012.
Customer Service Achievements:
Margaritaville Café has achieved the following requirements of the Customer Service Standard of the AODA:
Margaritaville Café has created and put in place a customer service plan that:
- Considers a person’s disability when communication with them
- Allows assistive devices in the workplace, like wheelchairs, walkers and oxygen tanks
- Allows serve animals
- Welcomes support persons
- Let customers know when accessible services aren’t available
- Invites customers to provide feedback
Margaritaville Café has trained staff on accessible customer service, and has created an ongoing process to train new staff with regards to the customer service standard.
Margaritaville Café has put the customer service plan in writing, and made the plan available to the public and Margaritaville staff.
- The plan can be accessed here
- The is available in accessible formats, if requested
Margaritaville Café has reported Margaritaville Café’s progress online by filing an accessibility report with the Minister of Community and Social Services. Margaritaville Café will comply with the customer service standard by filing accessibility reports.
Employment Standard: Workplace Emergency Response Information.
Margaritaville Café is committed to providing customers with publicly available emergency in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Margaritaville Café has created a process for documenting accessibility issues for employees and for documenting individualized workplace emergency response information to comply with the AODA Employment Standard: Workplace Emergency Response Information.
Margaritaville Café will provide existing employees individualized Employee Emergency Information Worksheets to document emergency plans for those with accessibility issues in the event of an emergency. Margaritaville Café has provided all employees with accessibility issues in emergencies individualized workplace emergency response plans.
Margaritaville Café is committed to maintaining a safe workplace for all employees and will continue to document workplace emergency plans, and revise and review existing emergency plans, for all employees requiring assistance with accessibility I the event of an emergency.
Margaritaville Café will review the emergency response information when:
- The employee changes departments
- We review the employee’s overall accommodation needs
- We review our organization’s emergency response policies.
Margaritaville Café provides training to employees, and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits our employees:
Deliver training to all Margaritaville Café staff on:
- For an Accessible Ontario
- The IASR requirement s that apply to Margaritaville staff
- What you have to do under the Ontario Human Rights Code (related to disabilities)
Margaritaville Café provides training to :
- All employees
- Anyone who is involved in developing policies, including managers
Information And Communication Standard
To comply with the AODA Customer Service Standard, Margaritaville Café has put together an accessible feedback process to receive and respond from customers and members of the public who have a disability.
Margaritaville Café has made the feedback process available to the public, and is available in accessible formats on request.
Margaritaville Café has taken the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to employees with disabilities upon request.
- Create a feedback process to receive and respond to feedback from our employees.
- Make the feedback process accessible in multiple formats, such as telephone, email, mail and in person.
Margaritaville Café is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
- Margaritaville Café staff will provide text alternatives for non-text content so that it can be changed into other forms people need such as large print, symbols or simpler language.
Margaritaville Café will take the following steps to ensure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request
- Let the public know that we will make information accessible upon request.
- Consult with people who request accessible information to figure out how to meet their needs, as soon as possible.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)www.margaritavilleniagara.ca
This website is an inclusive and accessible website and is compliant with the WCAG guidelines.
- It is perceivable
Margaritaville will continue its path to increase the accessibility of our social media by doing the following:
- Writing posts in plain language and without acronyms
- Capitalizing the first letter of each word in hashtags and placing hashtags at the end of captions
- Adding alt-text for images
- Describe the content
- Making sure photos have sharp colour contrast
Margaritaville Café has taken the following steps to ensure employees know about our organization’s policies for supporting employees with disabilities.
- Ensures our staff know about our organization’s policies for supporting employees with disabilities.
- Informs our employees abut these policies when:
- This requirement comes into effect for Margaritaville Café employees
- When we hire new employee
- When we change the policies.
Processes to Accommodate Employees
Margaritaville Café will take the following steps to develop and put into place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- Develop individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- Outline steps we will take to help our employees return to work when
- Have been absent because of a disability, and
- Need some form of disability – related accommodation to return to work.
Margaritaville Café will take the steps to prevent and remove any other accessibility barriers as identified by the public, and employees as required and requested.
Design of Public Spaces
Margaritaville Café will meet Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Relevant spaces include:
- Service-related elements like queuing lines and waiting areas.
Margaritaville Café will put the following procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces in accordance with the IASR.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.